Level 1 Safeguarding Training
Faith Associates have partnered with LCM to deliver Safeguarding training to 9 Mosques/Madrassahs this year.
The courses will be delivered by one of Faith Associates trained Safeguarding experts, to teachers and management staff of the Madrassah.
The key aims of the course are to increase knowledge, awareness and the ability to act on concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people in Islamic institutions. As well as to identify policies and good practice in Safeguarding and to develop understanding of reporting procedures.
The key objectives are to increase an understanding of the indicators of child abuse, explore the impact of abuse and neglect on children and how to support them and to gain knowledge of professional roles and responsibilities under current guidelines and county procedures.
The topics that will be covered are:
- Aims & Objectives
- Safeguarding in Islam
- National Safeguarding Agenda
- Definition of Abuse
- Preventing Radicalisation
- Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE)
- E-safety (Social Media Policies & Safeguarding)
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Child Development
- Reacting to Disclosure
- Roles and Responsibilities in Islamic Institutions
- Information Sharing and Confidentiality
- Allegations Against Staff
- Summary of an Islamic Institution
For enquiries, advice or to book a Safeguarding course for your institution contact us on +44 (0) 8452 733903 or email email@example.com. For a resource and information hub dedicated to the Islamic education sector, visit the newly launched Madrassah.co.uk.